Saturday, October 9, 2010

Disgusted

I am disgusted.  Sorry - I know it's not very catchy, but that was the only word I could think of when I read a news story a few minutes ago on my home page.  It concerns a rapper who just made # 2 album. Evidently this man was charged with having an illegal weapon on his tour bus.  I did some more researching and found out that he also had separate charges of drug possession.

The reason I'm "disgusted" is the fact that people continue to purchase his music trash and keep him in the headlines.   Think what you want to, but I believe that type of music is garbage.   And who's buying this music trash?  My guess would be teens and young adults.  Just what our young people need - heroes who are in jail, doing time for illegal activities, all the while making millions on this # 2 album.  No wonder there are many punks walking around defying authority.  Why not?  After all, their "hero's" are doing it. 

Then there's the whole other aspect.  He's making millions sitting in jail while our tax dollars take care of him.  What a mixed up society this is! 

I don't want my children conforming themselves to what those in the secular world think is cool and acceptable.

Just some musings from this disgusted gal....

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment