Monday, October 18, 2010

The Candlestick

Last week, my daughter and I were moved greatly by the Chilean rescue.  It brought tears to my eyes.  There is no way I can know just how those men felt down in that hole for 70 days.  For me, it would probably cause my insanity.  But those men held up for over two months not knowing when or if they would be rescued.  My daughter was so inspired by the rescue.  She was especially moved when several of the miners fell on their knees in thanksgiving to God for their rescue.   That day she wrote her very first poem.  I just wanted to share it with you.

The Candlestick

God is like a candlestick

That gives light to the whole world

Not only just to certain people,

But to every one.

 
His light will never go out

Like other gods made of stone;

He will shine the day he calls us home

Forever and more

No comments:

Post a Comment