Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shhhhhhh!

I have a secret and I do not want my three youngest children to know about it.  So, please don't tell them!  Oh, you want to know what that secret is?  Well, it wouldn't be a secret if it told you!   You promise not to tell them?  Okay....here's the secret.  My children will be eating baby food this evening!  How and why, you ask?  I'll tell you.

It all comes from finding a couple of very interesting cookbooks - Deceptively Delicious and The Sneaky Chef.  My children love fruit, but trying to get vegetables down them is sometimes tough.  The cookbooks give recipes for sneaking vegetables into average every day meals.  Tonight will be my first go at it.  While I don't think I want to put spinach in brownies, I do like the idea of adding carrots, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, zucchini, bell pepper, peas, and spinach to casseroles, burritos and soups. 

I just made up some cauliflower/zucchini puree and sweet potato/carrot puree.  It looks just like baby food.  Tonight, I will try homemade macaroni and cheese with the cauliflower/zucchini puree. 

Shhhhhhh....you promised - don't tell them.  I'll let you know how it went!



No comments:

Post a Comment