Saturday, January 3, 2009

Memories & Family





I'd like to share some memories that we made during our Christmas trip. All of my husband's immediate family lives out in Odessa and New Mexico, except for Cheryl. So since Cheryl came this year for Christmas, everyone was together at the same time. That in itself was pretty incredible.

We also went to Carlsbad, NM to "Christmas on the Pecos". If you dont' know what that is, well let me tell you. It is a boat ride on the Pecos River which runs between a section of beautiful homes. These homes back up to the river and every year they decorate their back yards. It is a beautiful sight. Unfortunately there was no snow this year but it was still gorgeous. The last time we were there was when Sarah was a baby. It had snowed on Christmas Day and it was bitter cold. But the snow just added to the beauty of the decorations. Anyway, our children had never seen this so we decided to go again this year. They loved it. In fact, Adah was quite upset when it ended.

I am very much a family oriented gal so this trip meant a lot to me. I am very blessed that I have a mother-in-law that loves me as her daughter. So when she became so ill that we thought we were losing her it was as if I was going to lose a mom again. And I know that she probably won't be with us too many more years, but I am thankful that I've been able to spend a little more time with her.

Family is very important!

No comments:

Post a Comment