Friday, September 17, 2010

...so, who do you follow???

Last evening while in the checkout line at Walmart, there was a couple in front of me whose shopping cart was filled with Dallas Cowboys stuff.  There were clothes, shopping bags, cutting boards, baby clothes, household decorations, and gear for the games with the DC logo.  Now, we know that when one purchases an item with a famous logo on it, that item is always higher than your every day run of the mill item.  So, I knew they were paying a hefty price just for the logo.  My curiosity led me to creep a little closer so I could see what the total bill was?  I know - very nosey.  But, you know you would have done it too if you'd been there!  The final bill....$921.  I couldn't believe someone would spend that much on items just because of a team logo. 

As I was lying in bed last evening, I was still thinking about this.   I believe God gave me an object lesson in Walmart.  It was very obvious where this couple's heart was.  There was no doubt that they were die hard fans of the Dallas Cowboys.  You only had to look at them and know it!  No one would have thought they were a Pittsburgh Steelers or San Francisco 49er's fan.  One knew without a doubt that they love the Dallas Cowboys.  My point?  Well, we as Christians do not need to hide that fact.  When people see us, do they automatically think - there goes someone who loves God?  Do we portray Him in everything we do?  Is it obvious that we are a follower of Jesus Christ? 

I Thessalonians 1:5 "For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as you knew what manner of men we were among you for your sake.  When Paul was in Thessalonica, people knew who he was.  There was no doubt that he was a preacher and a follower of Jesus Christ. 

So, my question to myself is, does my walk with God show those in our world that I love Him?  My prayer is that I grow closer each day to Him so others will see Him portrayed in me no matter where I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment